Welcome to the Pioneer Valley Planning Commission’s COVID-19 response page. Here you’ll find updates on all of the work we, your state-designated regional planning agency for the 43 cities and towns of Hampden and Hampshire Counties, are doing to help communities address the unique challenges of this moment, as well as helpful links to regional partners providing resources and services to the Valley.
From partnering with the MA Department of Public Health to get local Health Departments and Boards of Health needed resources, to helping municipal governments adapt to remote work and collaborating with regional partners to conduct an economic impact survey for small businesses and local organizations, we are all in and continuing to seek ways to help.
And while the immediate challenges before us are great, this too shall pass. As your regional planning agency, we are bringing to bear every resource possible to meet today's needs, knowing there will be a tomorrow in this Valley, and the outlook of that tomorrow is forever being shaped by the work we do here in the present. To that end, we are proud to have been able to quickly stand up our 50-person staff in short order to work remotely - continuing the long-range planning that is at the heart of PVPC's mission.
In short, we are open for business (just not our physical office) and ready to support our 43 member communities through these uncharted waters.
Click on links below to view/download information.
- Communities land $900K for Small Businesses Grants in Pandemic
- Town of Agawam awarded state funds for small businesses struggling with pandemic
- Covid-19 Assistance awarded to the Town of Worthington
- Williamsburg and Chesterfield to hold town elections on May 4
- Covid-19 Reflief Resources for Small Businesses (html)
- Emergency Shelters for Individuals During COVID-19 Crisis (pdf)
- Resources for Businesses Impacted by Covid-19 (html)
- CHAPA COVID-19 Affordable Housing Resource Information (html)
- Covid-19 Data Project (html)
- A Basic Demographic Profile of Workers in Frontline Industries (html)
- A Basic Demographic Profile of Workers in Frontline Industries (excel file)