This report is the culmination of an engagement process in Northampton that explored why marginalized groups tend to participate less in local government processes. The report includes six recommendations for increasing participation. They inlude:
- Create a volunteer-driven pilot Resident Engagement Team
- Simplify access to important information
- Expand upon exisitng City Council or department sponsored "Get to Know One Another" events
- Commit to participation in undoing racism training
- Create a Volunteer Mentor program
- Institutionalize the current Mayor's efforts to wotk with the community of the City's budget process.